What You Need
3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, uncooked
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
dash of cayenne pepper
14.5 ounce can chicken broth*
4.5 ounce can chopped green chilies
15 ounce can white corn, drained
2 15.5 ounce cans white beans, drained (Cannellini or Great Northern are good)
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon Better Than Bullion chicken base
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 cup sour cream
*I don't buy a lot of Chicken Broth but instead have the Better Than Bullion around to make broth. So I would be making broth and adding a little extra bullion.
Mix It Up
- Place chicken breasts on the bottom of a crock pot, and add chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, chicken broth, green chilies, corn and beans. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- About an hour before serving: In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium high heat. Whisk in flour, and allow to bubble and brown a bit. After a few minutes, gradually whisk in the milk and chicken base.
- Allow the sauce to simmer for 4-5 minutes, whisking frequently until it is slightly thickened. Add salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce into crock pot and mix to combine.
- Add sour cream and mix.
- If chicken has not already shredded with stirring, take out large pieces, shred them with two forks, and return to the crock pot.
- Let the chicken chili cook on low 1 more hour if you can.