What You'll Need
1 pkg yeast
1 Tbsp sugar
1 cup warm water
1 tsp salt
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 ¾ cup white flour
1 ¼ cup whole wheat flour
Additional Filling Ideas:
- Combine yeast, sugar and warm water and let set for 5 minutes.
- Mix remaining ingredients and then add yeast mixture.
- Let dough rise, in a warm place, for about 1-2 hours, until double in size.
- Roll out a small portion of the dough at a time, cutting two equal sized hearts.
- Fill middle with a thin layer of marinara sauce, turkey pepperoni, and cheese and then layer the top with another heart and crimp the edges together with a fork. Set on baking tray.
- Bake at 400 for 10-15 minutes until lightly browned.
- Test to make sure dough is done baking.
- Serve with marinara sauce or ranch dressing for dipping.
And should you be looking for another goodie for Valentine's Day, might I suggest Puppy Chow.