You might notice a trend of beefless recipes. I can't eat beef (beef intolerance) so I have to substitute delicous beef with turkey or chicken. Sometimes the results are amazing and sometime they leave something to be desired.
What You Need
2 cans (15 ounces each)
1 can of white beans (ours had onions, garlic and jalapenos in it)
1 8 oz package of cream cheese
1 1/2 tbsp taco seasoning
1 4 ounce can chopped green chilies
chopped green onions
Mix It Up
- Spray your slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Combine chili, cream cheese, shredded cheese, salsa, taco seasoning, and peppers in your slow cooker.
- Cook on a low heat for approximately 2 hours until cheese is melted or high for 1 hour. I would check it regularly and stir.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and/or green onions.
- Serve with tortilla chips and sour cream if desired.
So I made this and it was a huge hit but I made mine a little different so I changed things at the top a bit. That is why things are crossed out or in italics. I like my Chili Cheese Dip to be very cheesy and this was and a bit spicy but everyone loved it and they kept eating until my crock pot was totally scrapped clean.
Now I'm going to try I Potato Soup and a Chicken Chili recipe for future posts.