What You Need:
Felt (3.5mm thickness)
Matching or Contrasting Thread (if felt is red might look nice with white thread)
pen and paper
You know there are many who would think we are crazy for making our own cat toys but I bet it is cheaper than buying them and you can make more from when they are inevitably kicked under the refrigerator or stove.
- Take you paper and fold in half. Draw half a heart and cut it out. Unfold and you should have a whole heart. Or you could find a template.
- Pin your heart onto the felt and cut out felt heart, twice.
- Now put felt hearts together and start sewing up the sides using the whip stitch.
- Stitch about 3/4 around the heart.
- Stuff some catnip in, then add fiber fill, now more catnip.
- Continue sewing (add more fiber fill if necessary) until you have closed up the heart completely.
The hearts are a very simple idea but you could find Christmas Tree templates or Fish or Mice or any other shape you think would be cute for Kitty.