What You Need:
Sea Salt, for to taste
1 lb boiling potatoes, cut into chucks
1 butter nut squash, seeded and cut into wedges
6 small red onions, quartered
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
8 cloves of garlic
2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into chucks
4 springs of rosemary
4 springs of bay leaves
Now, I will say you can probably change this up because we all prefer some vegetables to others and feel different ones go together. I saw one recently I liked:
2 zucchinis, sliced thickly and cut in half slices
12 mushrooms, halved
1-2 butternut squashes, seeded and cut into wedges
1-2 yellow squashes, cut into chunks
Then you go with everything below the onions for delicious taste.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and then add salt and potatoes. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain potatoes, then add to a large baking pan (I suggest spraying some non-stick in this pan)
- Add squash, onions and 2 tbsps of the oil.
- Toss to coat, then roast for 10 minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil and the remaining ingredients to the baking pan.
- Roast for another 15 minutes, turning the vegetables occasionally until tender and edges slightly charred.
- Drizzle the remaining oil over-top and serve.
I feel better already about all the junk food I've been posting about. LOL Some people really don't like veggies but I'm a veggie person and I think sweet potatoes would be a wonderful substitution to the boiling potatoes though you wouldn't boil them because I think they'd just go soggy.