I don't use shortening but it is a straight conversion from shortening to butter.
What You Need:
3/4 cup peanut butter
1 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
Chocolate-covered mini pretzels
Mini brown M&Ms
Regular-sized red M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine peanut butter, brown sugar, butter, milk and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Beat on a medium speed until everything is well blended.
- Add egg. Beat until just blended.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the wet mixture while mixing on a slow speed. You want to mix until everything is just blended.
- Form dough into 1 inch balls.
- Pinch the bottom of the ball slightly, forming a point which will give you the look of a reindeer. And flatten just a bit with your hand.
- Only cook them for about 7 to 8 minutes. You might want to check them. You want them to just get brown but don't overdo it.
- When they come out of the oven is when you'll want to press the decorations into the cookie. Remember to press gently.
- Let them cool for 2 minutes and then transfer to rack or paper towel to cool completely.
- Makes 40!
And now that I think about it just like the bears you could use that chocolate cookie recipe and give the deer blue eyes and use the white Flip pretzels instead!