So with this you might want to think out the different items you will need but here are some basics:
What You Need:
6 cups Rice Krispies
1 large package of small marshmallow
2 cups crunchy peanut butter
3 tsp butter
Holiday-colored sugar sprinkles or jimmies
Mix It Up
- In a non-stick sauce pan or double boiler, melt butter, peanut butter and marshmallows.
- In a mixing bowl, and your Rice Krispies. (This is where I add M&Ms to my cookies but you could add a different candy to make it look like there is more to the ornaments or leave them empty)
- When marshmallow mixture is all melted smoothly, dump onto cereal and mix well, coating all of the cereal.
- Mommy Saver recommends putting butter on your hands for the balling of the ornaments so we'll go with that.
- Make tightly packed round balls and then quickly roll them into the colored sugar sprinkles.
- Set them aside until you've finished all your ornament balls.
Now let's decorate our ornaments...
Mommy Saver took a toothpick which she stuck into a Rolo and then stuck down into the ornament (you can see this in the image at the top) which I think is a fantastic idea but why not add more. I mean we can have some simple and plain ones but I love the idea of adding white sprinkles or M&Ms. Or even adding strips with frosting.
It is all about getting creative. For the above pictures you'd loop the licorice rope through a marshmallow or candy ring, leaving some below the marshmallow and/or candy which you would shape the cereal around. I think this is cute but seems like more work. I like the idea of using the licorice rope as a stripe around the ornament.
Any way you make them it is just a different way of making fun Christmas Cookies.