I found this recipe over at the Rookie Cookie who actually had them printed up in Family Circle. I used there picture because I don't have them made yet. I do have little kitties outside but they very rarely get treats though I'm seriously considering making these for them or maybe to take down to Grandma's kitties who are adorable and like a select group of people (me being one).
According to the Rookie Cookie, her kitty loved them!
- Heat oven to 350°. Pulse 10 oz canned salmon (undrained) in a food processor and chop as finely as possible.
- In a stand mixer, combine salmon, 1 egg (beaten) and 2 cups whole wheat flour until dough forms. If dough is too dry, add up to ⅓ cup water. If dough is too wet or sticky, add a bit more flour. Dough should be tacky but not sticky.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface until about ¼ inch thick. Use a ¾-inch cookie cutter in the shape of your choice to create your treats.
- Place treats on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake at 350° for about 20 minutes. When they’re slightly browned and crunchy, they’re done.
- Allow to cool before serving.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
FYI: There will be a few more gifts to come for both cats and dogs.