So say you are going to make Chocolate Cookies for some Black or Grizzly Bear cookies.
2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, room temp
2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
1 tbsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup dutch process cocoa powder
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
White sanding sugar for garnish
- In a large bowl mix butter and sugar with hand mixer until creamed together.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- In medium bowl mix cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into large bowl. Mix until incorporated.
- Spread between parachament paper and roll out with rolling pin. You might want to chill this in the frig for a hour or two for easy use.
- Use bear cookie cutter to cut out shapes. Place on parchment covered cookie sheet.
- Use a pin or a tooth pick to make eyes and a mouth.
- Cover with sanding sugar.
- You can use any left over dough for tails or eat it.
- Place the almond, cashew or whatever you want your bear holding on the bear and fold its arms over it.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes on whatever your recipe calls for. These chocolate cookies back on 350 (my gas over cooks them on 325).
- When they are done let them cool and then share them with friends and family as gifts or goodies.