A recipe I love is...
Cranberry Cinnamon Chex Mix
6 cups Cinnamon Chex® cereal
1 cup walnut halves or sliced almonds
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
1/2 cup blonde raisins
1. In large microwavable bowl, mix cereal and nuts; set aside.
2. In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave brown sugar, orange juice concentrate and oil on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 1 minute longer, stirring after 30 seconds, until mixture is hot. Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated.
3. Microwave uncovered on High 5 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes.
4. Stir in cranberries & raisins. Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool. Store in tightly covered container.
1 Serving: Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 95mg; Total Carbohydrate 30g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 12g); Protein 2g % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 6%; Iron 25% Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 2
If you can't find the Cinnamon Chex add a tablespoon of cinnamon to the first step. Make it a little sweet add M&M's to step 4.
I do remember my mom making the basic mix as well which you can find here. But another good one my mom made was...
9 cups Corn Chex®, Rice Chex® or Wheat Chex® cereal (or combination)
2 cups bite-size pretzel twists
2 cups bite-size cheese crackers
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1 package (1 oz) ranch dressing and seasoning mix
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. In large microwavable bowl, mix cereal, pretzels and crackers. In small microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High about 30 seconds or until melted. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated. Stir in dressing mix and cheese until evenly coated.
2. Microwave uncovered on High 3 minutes, stirring after each minute. Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool. Store in airtight container.
1 Serving: Calories 100 (Calories from Fat 30); Total Fat 3g (Saturated Fat 1 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 310mg; Total Carbohydrate 14g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 2g); Protein 2g % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 6%; Iron 20% Exchanges: 1 Starch; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 1 MyPyramid Servings: 1 tsp Fats & Oils
*% Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.