- 2 boneless/skinless chicken breasts (local and free-range)
- 2 lemons, (1 sliced into rounds and 1 juiced)
- 1/2 cup hummus (you can buy it or use the quick and delicious recipe below)
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs or 2 tablespoons dried
- Generous drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 organic zucchinis, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cups olives, pitted
- 5 organic cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1. Preheat to 450
- 2. Blend all hummus ingredients together in a food processor or blender until smooth. Set aside.
- 3. Place the chicken breasts in a small roasting pan, covering all exposed meat with the hummus (use a spoon or your hands, just make sure it’s layered quite thick, about 1/4”).
- 4. Scrunch each lemon half in your hand and then loosely arrange them over the
- chicken with the rosemary sprigs, broken into smaller pieces, so the ﬂavor comes
- out more.
- 5. Generously drizzle the entire mix with lemon juice and then a quick drizzle of
- balsamic vinegar. Bake until the hummus is golden brown and the meat is juicy and tender (checking with a knife to make sure it’s cooked all the way through), about 30 minutes. Finish with another quick drizzle of lemon juice and an optional pinch of sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Mix together in a mixing bowl.
Rosemary contains substances such as flavonoids and volatile oil that are useful for stimulating the immune system, increasing circulation, and improving digestion.