1 stick butter, melted
1 cup sour cream
1 box Jiffy corn bread mix
1 can regular corn, undrained
1 can creamed corn
1 beaten egg
toppings: bacon, scallions, and/or French fried onions
- Blend together melted butter, sour cream, and egg.
- Stir in corn bread mix and both corns. Mix well and pour into greased 2 quart (8x8) casserole.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle on toppings and continue baking for 10 more minutes (unless using scallions - sprinkle those after removing from oven).
- Corn is done when the middle is set.
Give me corn any day. I love corn on the cob, corn pudding, creamed corn, plain corn, corn chowder, occasionally a good corn bread but do not put ham in my corn bread... that is something else my siblings like and I'm not in favor of that. Ruins perfectly good corn products.
Days Til Christmas: 10