1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 large sweet potato (about 2 cups), chopped
2 cups peeled butternut squash, chopped
2 cups cauliflower florets, chopped
2 cups sliced cabbage
1 14oz (to 15oz) can diced tomatoes
6 cups of vegetable stock
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- Heat up a large pot over med-high heat and add olive oil.
- Throw in onion, carrot and celery and cook for 3-5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in sweet potato, butternut squash,and cauliflower and cook for 5 minutes.
- Top with cabbage, diced tomatoes, vegetable stock and spices and give it a stir.
- Bring to a boil and then let simmer, uncovered over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Top with fresh parsley and serve warm.
- Will keep for a week in refrigerator and freezes well for several months.
Also this makes about 6-8 servings meal wise so it is a good amount.
Now for those with kids who are unlikely to eat all those veggies, I mostly don't know what to say. If it had more of a cream base I'd say use and immursion blender on it to hide all the healthy but I don't know that would work well in this soup. If you try it and it works, be sure to let me know.
Days Til Christmas: 13