Or if you are like some parties or gatherings, the festive drinks are adult only and therefore the kiddies or designated drivers get nothing special.
Enter Grinch Punch. LOL
2 drops of blue food coloring
2 cups orange juice
1 1/4 cup lemon juice
1/6 cup sugar (or to taste)
6 cups water
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 liter lemon-lime soda
Okay so this isn't perfectly healthy but it is Christmas so what festivities are?
- In a punch bowl mix together orange juice, lemon juice, sugar, water and food coloring. Stir until combined.
- Add vanilla extract and almond extract.
- You can chill it overnight at this stage or continue if you wish to serve it immediately.
- When ready to serve, add soda and ice to the juice. Taste and adjust any of the flavors to your liking.
- You can garnish with a candy cane or a maraschino cherry.
So since I've been giving you all these idea for the mason jars (there will be more), I thought it would be lovely to use small mason jars as the cups at the party. You can also glue a red heart onto the outside to make them look Grinchy.
I haven't done that yet but it was a thought I rather liked. And I've borrowed my cousins glue gun... interesting.
Days Til Christmas: 15