Today I'm thankful for my best friends. Both of them are there for me whenever I need it even though they live 400 miles away. They constantly share their beautiful children with me by sending lots of pictures and their children call me Auntie. Those truly close friends are a blessing we can't forget because you know when things get tough they are they people who will step in to help.
And because on of their moves is chocolate and they both love it with peanut butter... this ingenious recipe for delicious popcorn.
10 Cups of Popped Popcorn (1/3 cup kernels)
3 tbsp. Butter (Sweet Cream, Salted)
3 cups Mini Marshmallows
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
Peanut Butter M&M’s (plain is good too) – Red and Orange (fall)
- Make your popcorn and put into a large mixing bowl. (And if you don't happen to have a popcorn maker here is a tutorial: How To Make Perfect Popcorn.)
- Melt butter in a medium sauce pan.
- Add mini marshmallows.
- When marshmallows are mostly melted add peanut better.
- Continue to stir mixture until it is smooth. Turn off the heat.
- Slowly pour the peanut butter marshmallow mixture over the salted popcorn. You don't need to add it all. You should judge it by what you want taste wise.
- Gently fold the mixture until popcorn is covered.
- Spread the popcorn over a parchment covered cookie sheet to cool.
- When cooled toss in Hershey's Drops and M&Ms as desired.
So the marshmallow/peanut butter mixture is very familiar to me. It is how I make rice krispie cookies and I add M&Ms so this was a genious idea. Why not add it to popcorn to make a different kind of caramel popcorn. It is brilliant and something I'm going to remember because it is delicious too. And I don't even like popcorn very much. The only downside I can find is those annoying kernels that get stuck in your teeth... unless you happen to be allergic to peanuts.
What are you grateful for today?