- Cupcakes in brown cupcake liners. The original recipe calls for vanilla cupcakes but you could probably do any type of cake you want.
- White icing
- Cocoa powder
- Chocolate for melting
- Large Marshmallows
- Chocolate coated cookies
- Wilton Sparkle Gel - white, yellow, and black
- Large round Wilton tip with a piping bag and tape.
- Toothpicks (or any other kind of pick or narrow skewer)
- Make the hat. Melt the chocolate in the microwave and using toothpick coat each marshmallow.
- Place it on top of the cookie and then place them in the refrigerator to set.
- Once set gently remove the pick. Using the sparkle gel add on a white band and yellow buckle, then set aside.
- Mix a small amount of cocoa at a time with plain white icing until you get a color you are happy with.
- Place the tip inside the bag (cut off the end of the bag) and tape the bag onto the tip.
- Fill the bag with icing and holding your hand very steady and keeping the tip just above the top of the cupcake pipe a face onto each cupcake.
- If you push down just a little while piping you will see that the icing fills out so it covers more of the top of the cupcake.
- Place the hat on top of the icing and using the black sparkle gel add facial features.
- Voila you have a pilgrim cupcake.